7 Strategies for Wealth and Happiness by Jim Rohn

January 20, 2012 by  
Filed under Featured, Personal

The late Jim Rohn was widely regarded as one of the most influential and foremost expert and speaker on success, who helped to shape the self-help and personal development industry over 40 years. He has helped people all over the world change their lives and achieve success with his speeches, books, audio and video programmes, and inspired many personal development teachers such as Anthony Robbins and Brian Tracy.

At age 25, Jim Rohn met Earl Shoaff who taught him life’s lessons and personal philosophy. Jim applied these fundamentals of success and prospered, and he went on to teach and inspire many others on personal and business performance.

Watch this video as Jim shares his mentorship with Earl Shoaff:

Jim Rohn’s success philosophy is succinctly captured in one of his books, 7 Strategies for Wealth and Happiness:

1. Unleash the Power of Goals

It’s important to have well-defined goals and to have enough reasons to want to achieve them. Set long-range and short-term goals, including detailed description of what you want and the reason why you want to achieve them. The goals need to be set high enough to excite your imagination and motivate you to take action.

2. Seek Knowledge

Gain wisdom through personal reflection and studying the lives of others. You can spend some time at the end of the day and at the end of major periods such as a week, month or year, to reflect upon the happenings in your life and study the positives and negatives, so that you can learn from them and be better. You can also learn from other people’s successes and failures.

3. Learn How to Change

Jim shares that your life will change only when you change, and that better is not something you wish; it’s something you become. You have to eliminate self-imposed limitations such as procrastination, blame and excuses, that are stopping your personal development. Be disciplined, change your habits, and keep nudging yourself in the right direction.

4. Control Your Finances

Learn to live on 70% of your after-tax income, and allocate the remaining 30% on charity and giving back to the community (10%), on creating wealth with investment in products, property or stocks (10%), and on savings (10%). You need to have a financial statement to keep score of your financial life.

5. Master Time

Start to regain control of your time by learning to say no, and by never mixing work and play. Find out when you are most productive and analyse your habits. You can plan your life with a journal for good ideas, a project book for keeping tabs on your projects, a calendar for keeping track of all your information and things to do, and a game plan for planning your day before you start.

6. Surround Yourself with Winners

Jim shares that the influence of those around us is powerful and subtle. Separate yourself from those who are destructive to your well-being, and spend more time with the right people. Look for people who spend time reflecting on the meaning of life and who accomplish great things through discipline and perseverance. Seek out those whom you admire and who share your life’s priorities.

7. Learn the Art of Living Well

Be happy with what you have while pursuing what you want. The good life is an attitude and comes from a lifestyle that is fully developed and provides a constant sense of joy.

Jim emphasises the importance of applied knowledge:

Knowledge fueled by emotion equals action. Action is the last part of the formula. It’s the ingredient that ensures results. Only action can cause reaction. Further, only positive action can cause positive reaction.

Learn more from Jim Rohn’s books and products:

Visit JimRohn.com Today!

Images: Screenshot of video

Related Content

Newsletter Sign Up

Receive the latest success tips, ideas, stories and resources in your inbox today.

Visit JimRohn.com Today!

Add New Comment

Tell us what you're thinking.